Monday, July 22, 2013

Loving life at week 21!

21 Weeks into my therapy!  Actually, my 22nd week begins 7/24. A few minor changes have been made.  I added more yogurt, cut back on some supplements, nothing major.  My blood work continues to look GREAT! Liver, kidneys, glucose, etc.  The tumor marker is coming down, so I am headed in the right direction!  Thank You, LORD!!!  My doctor and I have added some additional supplements temporarily.  I try to come up with new recipes when I have time.  My vegetarian carrot sushi was SOOO delicious (pic below)!! Rice pilaf wrapped in julienned carrots with crushed garlic and balsamic vinegar. MMmmm.

I am enjoying some great health benefits on my therapy.  My skin is really soft. 120+ ounces of fluids each day does the trick, I guess.  My hair is soft as well.  I'm not able to use any chemicals, lotions, sprays, nail polish, make up, etc.  Regular shampoo is out of the question because of the chemicals.  I use a bar shampoo that I adore.  J.R. Liggets Herbal formula.  It's made with coconut oil and has about four ingredients.  I never thought I could go without conditioner, but I can take it or leave it now that I'm using J.R. Liggets bar shampoo.  In addition, old scar tissue is disappearing.  When I was in second or third grade I stabbed my hand with a steak knife, trying to cut one of those big valentine Hershey's kisses (thanks, Mom!)  It was just a small scar, but the hard scar tissue beneath the skin is gone.  Also, the underlying scar tissue on both sides of my C-section incision site is gone.  Within the last 13 years, I have kicked furniture with my each of my big toes, making the nail rather unsightly.  Now, both nails are almost completely healed!! I keep admiring them when I'm barefoot.  It sounds silly, I know.  But God created our bodies to heal themselves.  This is a perfect picture of holistic healing.  On my therapy, my body can't help but heal everything!  2 Corinthians 7:1 says, "...let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."  This is my goal.  My therapy is a detox and purification. I am savoring the process.  It is really fulfilling.  One of my favorite aspects is getting to share my experience with others.  Sometimes, it's just people I meet in the grocery store and other times it's someone who has gotten a similar diagnosis or who has been through cancer with a family member.  People or cancer organizations may call some "survivors", but in reality, most cancer patients that have undergone conventional medicine have life long side effects to deal with. I want to say, there are alternatives.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."  It's an honor to live each day and do God's will.  Life is good (actually, it's great!).
Until next time, choose to be healthy.  It's up to you.
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's so awesome and so cool! True results that you can really see your body healing itself. It's just amazing. I probably shouldn't seem that amazing, but we are all so programmed to believe we need conventional medicine. Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michael. It IS amazing!

    ReplyDelete